The LPC of Santa Clara County is a 30 member Council who represent various categories within the early learning field. Learn more about LPC Membership, and how to become an LPC Member.
The LPC has a membership of 30 individuals from 5 categories: Parents/Child Care Consumers, Child Care Providers, Public Agency representatives, Community Representatives, and Public/Discretionary Members (descriptions are noted below). Committee Members serve three year terms. All LPC meetings are open to the public.
Additionally, each LPC member serves on at least 1 LPC sub-committee: Communications & Outreach, Workforce, Data, the Inclusion Collaborative, or the Title 5 Providers Group (NOTE: For this committee you will have to be a state subsidized child care contractor).
Each of the 5 categories represented on the LPC has 6 positions.
Parents/Child Care Consumers – parents or persons who receive or who have received child care services within the past 36 months
Child Care Providers – persons who provide child care services or represent persons who provide child care services
Public Agency Representatives – persons who represent a city, a county, or a local education agency
Community Representatives – persons who represent an agency or business that provides private funding for child care services or who advocate for child care services through participation in civic or community based organizations, but are not child care providers and do not represent agencies that contract with the California Department of Education to provide child care and development services
Public/Discretionary Member – persons from any of the above categories or outside of these categories at the discretion of appointing agencies
- Community Representatives
- Luz Elena Guzman – Parent Voices Silicon Valley
- Christine Thorsteinson – Silicon Valley Community Foundation
- Sapna Shah – WestEd / E3 Institute
- Discretionary Appointees
- Jeanette Bellerive
- Lisa Gianotti – City of San Jose Public Library/Early Education
- Wendi Mahaney-Gurahoo – FIRST 5 Santa Clara County
- Melissa Hong – FIRST 5 Santa Clara County
- Nancy Newkirk – Sunnyvale Elementary School District
- Public Agency Representatives
- Eula Idemoto – FIRST 5 Santa Clara County
- Antonio Fuentes – SCCOE / Head Start of Santa Clara & San Benito Counties
- Kathy Wahl – SCCOE/Inclusion Collaborative
- Shalek Chappill-Nichols – Pacific Oaks College
- Consumer Representatives
- Jessica Fraser
- Veronica Amador
- Kimmy Nguyen
- Pedro Sousa
- Provider Representatives
- Cathy Boettcher – California Young World
- Jessica Kranz – Go Kids, Inc.
- Kelly Mercurio – SJB Child Development Centers
- Terri Kemper – Mountain View – Whisman School District / Preschool Program
- Lorena Wright – Milpitas Unified School District / Preschool Program